Tuesday, January 20, 2009

How the first Trip was planned

I took the responsibility of taking care of Buraq on the 10th of Jan 2009. It was late and I was thrilled. Mueen and Abrar very kindly agreed to come along to finalize the deal. I guess my enthusiasm was infectious, I could feel Mueen and Abrar were longing to get their steeds too.
A deal was struck for Rs. 41000 and I rode home on air. Its a crazy one, that Lightning 535. If I had felt that the Thunderbird was a raging stomping bull (without all the noise), the Lightning 535 was positively an angry Rhino.
Boy, what a thrill to be astride one!

So the next morning, I land at Muneer Auto Garage along with Mueen to get the bike 'In showroom condition'. Thats how Mueen put it. He wanted to get the engine opened and overalled, chrome plated, the tank and the side shields repainted, the silencer replaced (ok, that did need replacing!). The point is, I wanted to restore the bike too, but... Did I mention my enthusiasm was infectious? lol.

Anyways, thats where I saw the poster - Rider Mania 2009, Ooty. Organized by RTMC. Thats Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club.
More to follow....

No comments:

Post a Comment